Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Little Black Book


My little black book is definitely overflowing with numbers. Although, I doubt randomly dialing them will lead to more than dead air on the other end.

In the end my opus contained 30,897 words over 226 pages and was submitted almost 7 years to the day I was offered this position in Edinburgh. Who knew I’d travel so many miles in magic shoes and funny hats?

What next? Well, if you ever wish to get a gnome blue, make them relinquish their passport to a government agency - which is exactly what happened on Monday afternoon. In my bid ‘to remain flexible in a competitive market’ I am applying for a new visa. At the moment, I can accurately sympathize with Paul Laurence Dunbar’s caged bird:

I know why the caged bird sings, ah me,
When his wing is bruised and his bosom sore,
When he beats his bars and would be free;
It is not a carol of joy or glee,
But a prayer that he sends from his heart's deep core,
But a plea, that upward to Heaven he flings -
I know why the caged bird sings. (Stanza 3)

Once my precious is back I’m off to Greece for three weeks – Athens, Santorini, and 2+ weeks on Crete; for a hard earned vacation. Until then I hope to tackle my adventures through Scotland over the past 8 months or so. I’ve got tons of pictures and stories jotted down just waiting for binary.

Roaming shall resume shortly. =)

No comments: